Worry- Free Weekend

That weekend was the kind of weekend we needed. A stress- free weekend just before my birthday week. We haven't had this kind of weekend for a while so I consider this an advance present for my birthday. We had a free cut from school and we couldn't be more thankful for the breather.

Last Saturday while B was busy with his computer game, that's his reward for being a diligent student the whole week, I decided to face the laundry. LOL. I felt accomplished and productive after finishing a week's laundry plus some of the few clothes I scored at a garage sale, so I decided to reward myself with an afternoon nap. Afternoon naps on weekends are sooo relaxing, right?;) I only woke up because someone slipped beside me asking if I wanted to go to the grocery. Later that day, after we're done with the groceries and dinner we watched Suits' season opener. Since we're not tired yet and we want to take advantage of this free weekend, we decided to watch these cute little fellas after Suits.

Aren't these two adorable? Yes, I think so too. :) I think a good laugh is just appropriate to end this day. 

Sunday was another day. The hardest part of it is waking up in the morning, I didn't know how I managed to do it, but I know I have to go to mass. Well guess what, I was back in bed for another hour or two after the mass. LOL. Sunday is just too precious to not go back to bed, don't you think?:) We wouldn't get up if we didn't have any prior commitments that day. But that's right after we had breakfast in bed while watching Graceland. I had a date with my college friends later that afternoon so B and our friend dropped me off before they headed to play basketball. It was a basketball- kind- of- day because I was off to watch a basketball game with my college buds as well.


Back in college, I used to watch games every now and then. Oh how I missed this sight, the sound of the drums, and the loud cheer of students from both sides of the arena. Indeed, nothing beats college basketball. :)



Top: I can't remember
Palazzo pants: Satisfashion Etc.
Sandals: SM Parisian
Bag: Kate Spade

That was a lot of catching up we had and not a single one of us changed. We are still the same old, silly college kids back then. Til the next basketball game and dinner guys. :)

This weekend was definitely fun. A perfect way to start my birthday week. I'm crossing fingers this good vibe will continue the whole week. See you all again blog friends, soon hopefully.


4 comments

  1. Happy Birthday to you !http://happybirthdaygreetingscards.blogspot.com/2013/07/birthday-greetings-cards-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday (assuming it is/was sometimes this week)!

    Looks like you had a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Looks like an awesome weekend. I love minions, can't get enough of them.

    Mel
    Mel's Corner

    ReplyDelete