We woke up rather late today after having quite a handful day yesterday. In the morning, we went to Manila for some important stuff and by the time we got home in the afternoon, I was exhausted from the heat (how is it still so humid when it's almost October?) and the traffic. But I only had an hour or so to get some rest and refresh because we were supposed to meet up with some friends during the night. Two different sets of friends, to be exact. Just think of it as our last hurrah before the bar exams. :)
I woke up feeling famished, so I tried to find something in the fridge that I can put up quick. These days with our schedule crammed up, I'll take anything easy. That's why I'm thankful for recipes like this that I'd be glad to share with you guys.
What you'll need:
Pasta of your choice
Clara Ole Three- Cheese sauce
Chili Flakes (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to instructions. Set aside.
2. Sautee onion in olive oil until translucent. Toss in garlic.
3. Add in tomatoes and
4. Put in the fresh basil and sautee for about a minute.
5. Next, add in the sauce and simmer for about 5 mins. Add salt and pepper according to your taste. (If you like your food spicy, like us, you can add chili flakes too.)
6. Finally, mix pasta with your sauce and there your pasta is ready!
Tip: On normal days, when I'm not in a hurry, I would usually add spicy canned tuna in my pasta. You can use the oil from the tuna instead of using olive oil. That way, you can do away with chili flakes as well and save on some ingredients.
What is your usual go to meal? I'd love to know. Happy long weekend!