Things to Do in Your Spare Time


With the Bar Exams over, we now have a lot of time to spare. It's like freedom for us. And since I practically have all the time in the world to do everything and anything, that is until I find a job (which is hopefully soon), I made a list of things that will keep my jobless self busy for a while.

Catch up on your TV series
During our review, we missed a lot (almost the whole season) of our favorite shows. So after the bar, the first thing B did was to download all the episodes we've missed. And then we had a series marathon until our eyes bled. Haha

Update your resume and Find a Job
Why? Because we've all got bills to pay, right? While taking a little break or vacation while we await the results of our exam sounds so tempting, it's about time to up our adult game. Hello reality! Yesterday, I took an exam for a possible employment and I'm hoping to hear from them before Christmas.

Update your blog
Due to being overly busy brought about by law school and the review, I admit I have neglected this blog a few times or so. But despite such shortcomings, I still refuse to give up this blog for some reasons. This blog was my escape from the crazies of law school and now that I have time in my hands, I'll try to be more active as  I can. Currently, I am going back to each and every post, salvaging those broken photos, and sending back to drafts those posts that I think shouldn't have been published in the first place.

Learn a new recipe
I'm thinking maybe a no- bake cheesecake? Christmas is just a few days away. And here in the Philippines, Christmas is a time for families to get together and catch up with life over food and drinks. This year would be a little special for our family because my grandmother and aunts would be coming home for the holidays. It will be nice to prepare something for them.

Find a new hobby
Like an adult coloring book, maybe? I know I'm a bit late on this, but I only got my freedom back remember? Thank you to my generous sister for getting me colored pencils. I just realized it's not that easy as those you do in art class back in grade school, I can't even finish a page in one day! But it's still a good way to pass the time.

Go some place new
I have always loved going places, more so the places I haven't been to before. I don't even mind long drives, in fact, I enjoy long drives. I like appreciating the sceneries on the road. There's always a thrill in being in a new place and learning about its history. This year, I volunteered to plan the holiday trip for the family. I almost gave up at first, but I'm happy to say that our trip is pushing thru.

Read a new book
Haven't we had enough reading during our review, you may ask. Yes, but that's all law stuff. So now that I'm done with law stuff, I figured I'd go back to one of my first love, that is reading fiction novels and short stories. I have a downloaded a copy of Grey from a few months back, but which I haven't really had the chance to finish. Currently, it is still sitting in my reader waiting to be read.

Fix your playlist
I've been meaning to do this, really. But I realized that I have little or no patience when it comes to organizing playlists. I give up after 5 minutes! So I just let B do the fixing. Haha. And when he's into it, he's into it. No one can disturb him.

Daydream
Because, why not? Heck, you can dream all you want, it's free for all. These days, most of the things I daydream about is the future. The future can be scary and exciting at the same time.

There, this is what keeps me (us) busy these days. If you have any suggestions on things you do during your spare time, by all means put it in the comments. I would be very happy to add them on my to- do list.

No comments