Our Lady of Caysasay Shrine x Taal Basilica

These days, I try to keep myself busy to take my mind off the upcoming release of the bar results. But sometimes though, its not that easy because no matter how busy I get, it always come to a point in the day that it still crosses my mind.

One weekend, we went for a quick drive to the town of Taal in Batangas. I cannot believe that I haven't been here before considering that my mom is from Batangas and Taal is just an hour away from her hometown. I love the old Spanish- style feels of this town. It's nice that they were able to maintain and renovate the old buildings and structures as this town had been so much part of our country's history.





Our first stop was at Our Lady of Caysasay Shrine. It is a small 400- year old church within the quiet town of Taal where the faithfuls flock to ask and pray for their petition. It is said that if your wishes do come true, you ought to come back here and bring flowers for our Lady in thanksgiving. I was not able to take a lot of photos of the place though because there was a mass and pilgrimage going on while we were there.



 


It is also amazing that these kids, even the 3- year old ones, who sells candles and work as tour guides during weekends when they have no school, knows by heart the history of this church and how it came to be. A little girl nicknamed Tabebeng became our tour guide that day. ;)

Next stop was Asia's largest Catholic church the Taal Basilica. And boy, did it live up to its name!




Maxi dress: Forever21; Chambray: XSide Denim; Slippers: Ipanema; Watch: Anne Klein; Bag: Kate Spade; Sunglasses: MNG

I don't know about you but there is really something about old churches that fascinates me. Maybe it's the way they were built, or the history behind it, or maybe I'm just weird. Haha. But old churches always, always get me. Every single time.


3 comments

  1. Just followed you back :) Yay! I'm so happy that I found a new blogger friend :p I hope to know more about you through your posts! I'll be scheduling a time this week to back read on your blog. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I used to spend every summer in Batangas. But I haven't been there for quite some time because of my review.


    Added you on my list too, and on Instagram. Glad to have found new blog friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me miss Batangas. We always go to these churches during Holy Week for our Visita Iglesia. :)

    By the way, thanks for dropping by my blog. Glad I found yours too. Just added you in my reading list. :)

    ♥ Louise | www.louisechelleblog.com

    ReplyDelete