That Long Weekend

I just came home from a "mini- vacay" (that's what my aunt would like to call it). It was a long holiday here in the Philippines with the Holy Week and the celebration of the "Araw ng Kagitingan" happening in one weekend, so we went to my Mom's hometown in Batangas. Batangas always reminds me of my childhood because I practically grew up there before my parents took me from my grandparents' care. I was a "lolo's girl" you know. ;p It is always nice to come back to that place every now and then.

It was a pleasant experience as we got to spend time with the rest of the family. The food was overflowing, the stories never ending and laughter filled up the room the whole time. In fact, I think I just gained some pounds and on the verge of losing the bet with B.

Here are some shots that I took while on vacation.

Birds lined up. It's always a sign of a good day for me :)

Good day isn't it? :)



Here's a shot of my Grandma visiting my great grandma who just passed away last February. Great Granny's 95. I miss my great granny dearly. I think we got our "bratty" genes from her. :p


We miss you so, Nanay. :(

In the end, I think everyone had a great long weekend. We were able to catch up on what's happening with each other and we all had tons of  good laughs and a few pounds gained nonetheless.

So how did your weekend go? :)

No comments